Tours to the Castle are by Reservation Only
$5.00 Donation–Children 8 to 12 Years
Donations are Tax Deductible
The Castle entrance is Located at 844 N Live Oak Ave, Glendora, CA 91741
Important Considerations for Touring the Castle Property
1. As stated on the home page the Rubel Castle is NOT ADA accessible, see warning box below.
2. NO CHILDREN UNDER EIGHT ARE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
The Rubel Castle/Pharm property is not ADA accessible:
- NO tour participation is allowed via wheelchairs, walkers, or cart assistance
- There are stairs, tunnels, and uneven surfaces
- There are no sidewalks
- There are no handrails
- Walking surfaces include gravel and bare ground
- There are no rest benches along touring routes
- Wear sturdy footwear - Heels, flip-flops, and sandals are NOT recommended for touring
- A walking and standing ability of at least a 90-minute stamina level is advised for tours
- Restroom facilities (2) require agility and balance due to steps and no handrails
To Schedule a Tour:
If you wish to take a tour or would like more information call: (626) 963-0419.
Follow the voice prompts on the Museum’s answering machine.
It is very important to leave a name and phone number in order to receive a return call from the Docent Chairperson. Your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
When the Docent Chairperson returns your call you will be asked for preferences as to your preferred dates and times to tour and the number of persons that will be on the tour.
Also, if you are scheduling a group tour you will be asked about any liability insurance that covers your group and you will need to supply proof of insurance.
Tours are scheduled from Monday through Friday morning and afternoons for groups of 12 or larger (weekends are for the privacy of the residents).
For individuals and small groups open tours are scheduled the second Tuesday and third Friday of each month at 10:00 am.
Waiver of Liability Forms
If not covered by group liability, the necessary Waiver of Liability forms for adults and minors can be sent to you OR printout forms from the web site. Sidebar has links to forms.
Each person participating on the tour will need a signed Waiver of Liability form if not covered by a group’s liability.
The Waiver of Liability forms are to be presented to the tour docent prior to the start of your tour (do not mail them back). Please fill out forms in advance.