This photograph of the Museum was taken in 1952, the building was being used by the American Legion Frank J. Gard Post No. 153. The post was started in 1919 and named after the son of Emerson and Laura Gard, who was killed in 1918 at the end of WWl. Also the Church of the Brethren was using the building for meetings. Diane Mauck (standing) is the daughter of Beryl Mauck another of Glendora's long time firemen. The pepper tree is still there.
Citation: Mercurio (Photographer). Sally Hawekotte of Glendora sits on fire engine fender tool box while chief Claude E. Midkiff shows Diane Mauck the effectiveness of the old time fire bell. 1952-05-08. From the Los Angeles Examiner Negatives Collection, 1950-1961. Digitally reproduced by the University of Southern California Digital Archive.